Position Summary Under the direction of the Manager of Valley’s Voice and Communities That Care, this position supports the mission of the organization by building youth leadership and advising opportunities, and developing pro-social events for middle school through young adult populations. This position works closely with young people, ensuring a youth-led, adult-supported framework in all initiatives.
Valley’s Voice- Young people in the community are able to leverage their voice and make impactful change. Youth identify key issues and lead projects and processes as catalysts for change. Leadership, education, and community engagements are critical components to Valley’s Voice. This position will grow the existing youth-led framework engaging high school students. This position will facilitate the development of Valley’s Voice for the middle school population.
Pro-Social Opportunities- In partnership with young people, ages middle school through young adults, identify events, activities and spaces that offer safe and healthy opportunities. Through a youth-led model, this position will facilitate growing events and activities that support the healthy development of young people.
• Understand and model the Positive Youth Development principals
• Teach youth leadership skills in an engaging manner
• Coach and support young people using various techniques
• Break down learning and communication into concrete steps
• Facilitate meetings and projects by supporting from the sidelines
• Provide positive, constructive feedback
• Ensure consistent communication with youth on youth communication platforms
• Provide structure for youth-led projects • Set aside own ideas to be open to recommendations from youth. Allow this to be a truly youth-led, adult-supported process
. • Build relationships with community partners to expand the opportunities available to youth and young adults. General Office
• Participate in Mountain Youth team meetings
• Perform general office duties and support with Mountain Youth projects as needed
• Support in fundraising efforts and sustainability strategies to maintain the work of the overall organization
• Support other programs and efforts as needed and as available
• Participate in regular one-on-one and team check-in meetings to align different efforts and resources across the organization
• Be a champion for youth and advocate for policies, practices, and efforts that support their overall healthy development
Additional Qualifications: Interest in and commitment to positive youth, family and community development, as well as overall community health and safety. Bilingual English/ Spanish language speaking and bicultural preferred. Experience working with youth in secondary education, community building, and youth development preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Ability to commit to a flexible schedule, including weeknight and weekend commitments as youth are available. Must prioritize youth availability for scheduling meetings which is often evenings and weekends. • Ability to thrive independently as part of a dynamic team in a growing organization
• Ability to build rapport with diverse groups of young people
• High level of professionalism
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent listening skills, and ability to extract and synthesize key themes
• Innovative and creative; ability to be flexible and adaptable based on youth priorities and needs
• Comfort in community settings with diverse partners and stakeholders
• Strong meeting facilitation skills, addressing diverse viewpoints and bringing groups to consensus
• Excellent organization and planning skills, with attention to detail
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft office programs, Google platforms and social media
• Willingness to travel throughout the Eagle River Valley for meetings, programs, and events
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time salary position. The salary range is $39,000-$45,000, and will be commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is available including paid time off, paid professional development, flexible and remote work scheduling opportunities, health and dental insurance, and more.