Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Education Manager
Plan, facilitate, and evaluate annual calendar of events throughout the community
Coordinate event logistics including venue, meals, materials, childcare, interpretation, and video/ recording needs Build relationships with families, schools, vendors, and community partners
Schedule high-quality speakers and coordinate resources, including researching opportunities, negotiating
contracts, and collaborating with agencies
Community Education Manager
Under the direction of the Director of Education and working closely with the Director of Community Engagement, this position supports the mission of the organization by building community partnerships and relationships with youth, families, community partners, board members, and the broader community, to coordinate education events. At Mountain Youth, we are champions for youth and families, and advocate for programs, policies, practices, and efforts that support their overall healthy development
Manage engagement and education opportunities in English and Spanish.
● Oversee development of programs goals, objectives, and inclusion in strategic plans and work plans
● Synthesize community needs from a number of advising and data sources, including working with teammates,
youth, community partners, community members, and utilizing data assessments. Leverage findings to identify topics that
would benefit the community through training and education.
● Coordinate English and Spanish behavioral health speaker series and events. This may include Eat Chat Parent,
Aprendiendo Juntos, Move Chat Parent, Tu Guia, safe driving, and Communities That Care.
o o o o o
Engage with community members to build Mountain Youth’s brand and support for programs.
● Participate in Mountain Youth team meetings
● Participate in regular one-on-one and team check-in meetings to align different efforts and resources across the organization
● Participate in various community collaborative spaces as appropriate, serving as an organizational liaison
● Support in outreach and fundraising efforts and sustainability strategies to maintain the work of the overall organization
● Engage with funders and donors as needed
● Perform general office duties and support with Mountain Youth projects as needed
● Maintain a clean work environment, ready for the next user
● Support other programs and efforts as needed and as available
● Attend trainings and conferences as appropriate
Work with Mountain Youth colleagues and community partners to leverage cross-educational events
Manage volunteers and contracted support to meet programming needs
Work with teammates and community partners on cross-referrals of youth and families
Evaluate event and series effectiveness, review with partners, adjust as needed
Enter post-program information into the database for timely data entry
● Support completion of evaluation, grant reports with program information as needed in partnership with Director of Strategic Impact
● Maintain contact, client, and program database with pertinent information in a timely manner
● Provide content for marketing and social media platforms
Interest in and commitment to positive youth, family and community development, as well as overall community health and safety. Bilingual English/ Spanish language speaking and multicultural preferred. Experience in nonprofit organizations, community building, youth development, or family education strategies preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
● Ability to thrive independently as part of a dynamic team in a growing organization
● High level of professionalism and strong written and verbal communication
● Innovative and creative; ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing needs, resources and requirements
● Strong public speaking skills and comfort in community settings with diverse partners and stakeholders
● Strong meeting facilitation skills, engaging diverse viewpoints and guiding groups toward consensus
● Strong organization, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize
● Strong computer skills including Microsoft office programs and social media
● Willingness to commit to a flexible schedule, including weeknight and weekend commitments
● Willingness to travel throughout the Eagle River Valley and occasionally statewide for meetings, programs, and events
Salary and Benefits:
This salaried position is full time, averaging 40 hours per week. Evening and weekend work commitments will be expected. This position is based out of Eagle County.
The starting compensation range is $50,000-$59,000 and will be commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is available including paid professional development, flexible and remote work scheduling opportunities, group health and dental insurance coverage, paid time off package (vacation, holiday, sick/ personal), employee assistance program, annual wellness stipend and more.
Cover letter and resume should be submitted to Denise Kipp: email@example.com